Empowering and encouraging employees is essential for any successful business.
A good leader values employee happiness. A great leader values the employee engagement that results from that happiness. After all, employees are the lifeblood that operates a company. They have the potential to propel it into immediate success.
While you may be thinking that you, the business owner, who supplies the team with free food now and again is a good leader. While this and other small perks such as a ping pong table can help contribute to employees’ satisfaction levels, their engagement level stems from a company’s leadership.
Here are what wise leaders do to engage and encourage their employees:
- Give employees something to reach for – Daily and monthly tasks are just as important as marking out what is to be expected of them. Goals drive us. Without them, we’d be hard-pressed to get anything done.
- Be a manager and a leader – With a positive outlook, leaders are able to overcome limitations by seeing the possibilities. They clear the hurdle of challenges and race straight to the finish line.
- Get involved – A company that plays together, stays together. Get to know your employees, set up fun trips or a bonding activity (volunteering, an exercise program, etc.) and you will see your employees start to appreciate their time together.
- Embody the company vision – If you practice what you preach, your employees will follow suit. Eager to get up from the desk? Hold walking meetings and encourage others to do so as well!
- Allow mistakes – When mistakes are made, they know that even the best-laid plans can run into unexpected problems, so they can take problems in stride and stay the course. As humble, motivated people, leaders are reactive to situations and people, putting themselves and their company on the road to Success Town.
Be sure to prep your business for success! Engaging your employees allow you to build your company with a strong foundation. Be sure to protect this with quality commercial insurance in Renton, Washington. Contact Humble & Davenport Insurance to secure your policy today.