Now that fall has officially started, it is important to make sure that you and your belongings are ready for the cooler weather, including your summer toys. Keep these tips in mind to make sure that your boat and RV are properly stored so that they are ready for when the weather heats back up.
For your RV:
- Completely wash the inside and the outside of your RV. Apply a wax to the outside to help make sure it stays clean while in storage.
- Empty out all of the water tanks, including the water heater. Also make sure to blow out the piolet light for the water heater.
- Take out any perishable food items from the cabinets and refrigerator. Leave the door to the fridge slightly open to help with air circulation.
- Cover your RV with a well-fitting, ventilated cover to help keep dirt and animals out.
For your boat:
- Thoroughly clean both the outside and inside of your boat. Look for any cracks in the hull that need to be fixed before the next boating season.
- Fill up the gas tank completely to prevent condensation from damaging the tanks. Also make sure to add a fuel stabilizer to prevent fuel degradation.
- Take out any electronics, such as the radio and GPS, to ensure that they are not damaged in the cold. Also take out life jackets, flares, and fire extinguishers to keep them in good condition for next year.
- Store the upholstery and floorboards at an angle to help with air circulation while the boat is in storage.
Even though you will not be using your summer toys, it is just as important to make sure that they are covered with the right insurance policies. Contact the insurance experts at Humble & Davenport Insurance in Renton, Washington for all of your insurance coverage needs.