Many people only think of using their slow cooker in the cold summer months. However, there are many delicious summer slow cooker recipes that the whole family will enjoy. Keep this slow cooker pulled pork recipe in mind for your next get together.
- 1 3 pound boneless pork shoulder, skin and excess fat removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Trim any access fat off of the pork. Scatter the chopped onion over the bottom of the slow cooker and place the pork on top. Add the broth, cover, and allow to cook on low until the pork is very tender, about 8 hours. Remove the meat and let it cool.
- Pull the meat into thin shreds, when it cool enough to handle, removing all of the fat and gristle. Skim the excess fat from the liquid still in the slow cooker.
- Put the pork back into the slow cooker and stir in honey, mustard, barbecue sauce, and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another hour on low.
- Serve on hamburger buns with sides of pinto beans, corn, tomatoes, and coleslaw.
Summer is also the perfect time to look at all of your insurance policies to ensure they are providing the right amount of coverage for all of your needs. Contact Humble & Davenport for all of your insurance needs in the Renton, Washington area. As an independent insurance agency, we can help find you the most comprehensive insurance policies to fit all of your needs, all at the right price. Out main focus is on our clients, allowing us to provide the customized service that is offered at large firms, but with the personalization of a small firm.