Shop locally to better your community!
Shopping locally helps Renton businesses, employees, and residents, and the entire community to survive and thrive! Next time you need to buy a gift, want a meal out, or are looking for something fun to do, think first about where you can go in Renton!
Hundreds of national and regional chains and independent local businesses all call the Renton marketplace home! From small stores to large chains, Renton businesses provide an invaluable range of services and products.
Downtown Renton has historically provided numerous restaurants, shops, and entertainment options for the greater Renton community. Some opportunities include The Landing in North Renton or the Highlands in Northeast Renton, in the Benson Hill/Cascade communities or Southwest Renton, along the NE 4th Street, Rainier Avenue, and Grady Way corridors, and in other neighborhoods throughout Renton.
Collectively, Renton’s retail businesses employ thousands of individuals and add hundreds of millions of dollars to the local economy. The business community also provided over $24 million in sales tax revenue to the City of Renton in 2008, representing about 26 percent of the city’s overall general fund revenue!
With this said, you can do your part by shopping locally in Renton within Washington! When you shop locally, you:
- Sustain local jobs and help businesses employ your family, friends, and neighbors.
- Embrace Renton’s diverse locally-owned and managed businesses.
- Support locally created products, food, and arts.
- Reduce the transportation energy and costs, as well as congestion and pollution!
- Provide businesses with revenue to be able to reinvest profits here and lend support to local charities and causes.
- Support local entrepreneurship to fuel economic innovation and prosperity.
To make local business everyone’s business, check out RelyLocal! Through this, you can discover local businesses, save time and money, and connect with the community!