Smart business owners are protecting their company with cyber liability insurance in Renton, WA.
With the rise of technology comes a growing risk of data breaches and cyber liability lawsuits. While you may think your computers are safe behind locked doors, this is a costly misconception that many business owners make.
Is the Risk Real?
Skilled hackers are now able to tap into devices within seconds, gaining instant access to sensitive data, emails, online bank accounts, employee records, and the lot. The more you rely on your smartphone, tablet, and computers to store information digitally, the more vulnerable you and the data are.
If important information was to fall into the wrong hands, you could lose the business and trust of vendors, clients, guests, and your employees. Similarly, if someone was to comment on your website’s forum inappropriate content, not only would you be held liable, but your company’s reputation could also hang in the balance.
How Can I Implement Security?
• On all your computers and phones, enable a PIN code that must be entered at startup.
• Set another passcode or PIN that must be used to access private folders or software.
• Use secure apps and folders with an added key lock code or encryption software for extremely sensitive data.
• Never use public Wi-Fi when logging into bank accounts or entering private information.
• Never click on suspicious links or emails.
• Never save login information on bank account apps or Payroll.
• Limit the number of people who can access vital data.
• Take out Cyber Liability Insurance.
Cyber liability insurance works to protect your business in the event of a data breach or attack. Along with aiding the expenses of a lawsuit, this coverage works to recover losses that your firm experienced.