Whip Up This Delicious Key Lime Pie for Your Next Summer Party
Summer is in full swing and many of us are enjoying backyard gatherings, social events, and lazy summer days. Whether you’re hosting or attending a summer party this season, you’ll want to be sure to take this delicious (and easy to make!) key lime pie! Not only will you wow everyone but this recipe is a healthier version of the original. It’s light, tart, and perfect for summer eating!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 3 Tbsps coconut oil
- the juice of 2 limes
- the zest of 2 limes
- healthy sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1 ¼ cups plain graham crackers
- 2 Tbsps coconut oil
- Add the graham crackers in a blender and blend until they have the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Pour them into a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Mix well.
- Using either muffin tins or soufflé forms to get the shape. Use some non-stick paper to cover the bottom (cut it into a circle). Grease the bottom and the walls of the form.
- Divide the crust composition into three, and add it into the forms. Press gently to cover the bottoms.
- Add the cashews, coconut oil and lime juice into the blender or food processor. Blend very well until the composition is extra smooth. Add a little bit of water or more lime juice if needed.
- When the composition is smooth and creamy, add the sweetener and blend for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the lemon zest into the blender and mix using a spoon.
- Add 2-3 spoons of key lime pie cream into each form.
- Sprinkle some lemon zest on top of each one and place them in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
We hope that you enjoy this delicious pie this summer! For all of your insurance needs in Renton and beyond, visit the team at Humble & Davenport Insurance today.