It can be a challenge to keep your family safe from colds and the flu but with some diligence it can be done. Colds and the flu have a domino effect once one family member becomes ill it is pretty much a guarantee the rest of the family will get the cold or flu that is spreading through your home.
Let’s look at a few tips to help protect your family from getting the flu or a cold this season.
1) Everyone in your home needs to get the flu shot.
2) Teach your children proper hand washing and how to cover their mouths and noses (if they do not already know how) then make sure every member of your family practices proper hand washing and covering their mouth/nose when they sneeze or cough.
3) Disinfect the surface that your family touches (including door knobs, counter tops, kitchen and bathroom faucets and don’t be afraid to carry around the can of disinfecting spray.
4) Eat well balanced meals and snacks to keep their immune systems working at full strength.
5) Make sure everyone gets at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
If you have young school-age children, you may have a difficult time keeping the cold and flu virus out of your home. After all, you did teach your children to share.
For more tips on cold and flu prevention or if you are looking for insurance coverage in Washington contact Humble & Davenport Insurance.