Looking to get your home ready for spring? Read on.
With spring just around the corner here in Renton, Washington, it’s time to clear away the dust from the winter’s hibernation to ready your home for the season ahead! Spring offers opportunity, a time to prepare for the year ahead, and some much-needed sunshine! To get your home ready for spring, check out these cleaning tips.
While spring cleaning sounds attractive, the cleaning part is less fun than we’d like it to be. Luckily, refreshing your home doesn’t have to be costly or time-consuming.
- Welcome spring in – Shake off the leaves and dust of the winter from your doormat. Give it a tough cleaning so it is sparking and awaiting summer sandals.
- Uphold cleanliness on upholstery – Fabrics that have absorbed a winter’s worth of dirt, body oil, and germs will need a deep cleaning to get ready for another year of wear. If you’d rather not shampoo your furniture solo, hire a professional upholstery cleaner.
- Finish your floors – To protect the floors in your kitchen from another year of wear and tear, wax or apply a sealer following label directions.
- Wash down the walls – The walls may need a dusting and a thorough cleaning! Use a sponge and dishwashing detergent to wash the walls down. Don’t forget to dry the walls with a towel to prevent that damp smell.
- Vacuum – Everywhere! We’re talking about moving appliances that haven’t been cleaned in months, possibly years.
- Dust it away – Clean ceiling fixtures by dusting the tops of them and a soft cloth. Dust on top of mantle pieces, too.
- Inspect the roof – The winter winds may have wreaked havoc on your roof. Check for missing or damaged shingles that make your home vulnerable.
- Clean the gutters – Gutters direct spring showers away from your home and roof, protecting both in the process. Clogged gutters can lead to damage and a large repair bill.
- Replace batteries in your alarms – Put some fresh batteries in your fire and burglar alarms for maximum protection for your home and family.
- Bring spring to your home – Remove debris from the garden that may have come during the winter weather and don’t forget to plant bright spring flowers!
The professionals at Humble & Davenport Insurance believe that your home should be protected year-round from an abundance of risks. While you maintain your home, call us for the right homeowners insurance policy in Renton, Washington.