Handle holiday stress and keep your cool over the winter.
This season is the most wonderful time of the year! With family and friends, there’s nothing nicer than spending a few cozy days with all of your loved ones. In reality, it rarely goes smoothly. With disagreements in the family, taking a week off work, shopping in the masses, while juggling your high stack of chores, it’s essential to know how to handle holiday stress.
Whether you’re hosting a relaxed friends holiday or traveling home to the family, here’s your guide on how to make it your best year yet – with no stress!
- Say No. It’s easy to agree to go to every party, gathering, and carol service – that is, until you’re wearing yourself thin. Learn to say ‘no’ to spend quality time with friends and family, but don’t overbook your social calendar.
- Eat Healthy. Aim to eat a wholesome meal before a holiday party so that you won’t fill up on rich and calorific snacks there! If you do nibble while socializing, head for the healthy foods, like hummus and vegetables, and salad.
- Make Time. Take some time for yourself to relieve any built up tension. Try releasing stress with a walk, fresh air, or music.
- Plan Ahead. If you’re jet-setting over the holidays, arrive at the airport early and plan to wrap your presents once you get to your destination.
- Budget It. Set a strict budget for gifts and other spending over the holidays so that you know exactly where your finances lie.
- Keep To It. Maintain your healthy habits by allowing enough time to go for a run, hit the gym, and having days off without drinking alcohol.
- Appreciate Them. Accept family members for who they are and save heated discussions for another occasion.
Let the professionals at Humble & Davenport Insurance take some of the stress from your plate. Visit our team of experts to receive the reliable insurance that you need to keep your vehicle, home, business, and more safe throughout winter and beyond in Seattle, Renton, and surrounding areas in Washington.