Enjoy these fun facts for March Madness!
Whether you’ve made your predications, won or lost, or neutrally watch the game, here are some fun facts to liven up your March Madness experience!
- The odds of filling out the perfect bracket are one in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 (that’s quintillion).
- The 2008 tournament holds the record for being the most predictable.
- The phrase “March Madness” was first coined in connection with the NCAA in 1982 when the sportscaster, Brent Musburger, said it during his tournament coverage.
- Although the tournament has been held for almost 80 years, only 35 schools have ever won the top prize.
- The record for the most overtimes in a single game is four, and it happened twice (once in 1956 and again in 1961).
- The AT&T Stadium, home of the 2014 Final Four, with a capacity of 80,000 is the largest stadium to ever host a Final Four.
- In 1997, the NCAA made it a requirement that the Final Four must be held in a dome stadium with a seating capacity of at least 40,000. In 2009, the capacity minimum was raised to 70,000.
- The first NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament was held in 1939 and consisted of only 8 teams.
- UCLA leads all schools with 11 titles.
From the professionals at Humble & Insurance, we hope that you enjoy the March Madness season that is left! To thoroughly enjoy the season, contact us in Renton, Washington to secure all of your insurance needs!