Whip Up This Delicious Date and Caramel Pecan Pie
Pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie – the holidays are officially pie season. This year, try something a little bit different and even more delicious. This easy date and caramel pie is a step above your average festive pie, but incredibly simple to whip up! It will leave your holiday guests wanting more. Check out the recipe below.
For the Crust
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons canned low-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
For the Filling
- 2 cups Medjool dates
- 1 cup canned low-fat coconut milk
- Coconut whipped cream
- A sprinkle of sea salt
To Make the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a pie dish with parchment paper or lightly grease the bottom of the dish.
- Add the oats and pecans in a food processor. Process about 30 seconds.
- Add 1/4 cup of coconut milk and vanilla. Process until the dough sticks together.
- Add 1-2 more tablespoons of coconut milk if it’s too dry.
- Press the dough on the bottom and the sides of the pie dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
To Make the Date Caramel
- In the same food processor, add dates and coconut milk.
- Blend until smooth or for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the caramel evenly on the crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours so the pie stays together better when cut.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut whipped cream, pecans and a sprinkle of sea salt if desired.
We hope that you enjoy this delicious pie this festive season! For all of your personal and commercial insurance needs, contact the team at Humble & Davenport Insurance.