Prevent the Spread of the Coronavirus
The situation surrounding the coronavirus, officially titled COVID-19, continues to develop. The World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regularly update their statistics as more is learned about the disease. Although the risk for the American public is low, there are still steps individuals and organizations can take to protect themselves and others.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and throw the tissue away after use. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Avoid being around others who are sick and large crowds.
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
- Separate sick employees – If an employee has acute respiratory illness symptoms upon arrival to work, they should be sent home immediately.
- Emphasize staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette, and hand hygiene.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning.
All individuals and organizations should stay informed. Follow trusted sources of information, including the various COVID-19 dedicated websites for the CDC, the WHO, OSHA, and also local governmental health and public safety organizations
Check out the John Hopkins University interactive map that tracks reported cases of the virus around the world.
The team at Humble & Davenport Insurance are here to help. If you have any questions or concerns, get in contact today.