Protect Your Home and Belongings From Theft
One of the best ways to prevent your home from burglaries is to understand how, when, and why they happen. A great way to know how to protect your belongings is to note what items are commonly stolen in robberies. If you experience a burglary, your homeowners insurance in Renton, WA will help, but here are some great tips on how to prevent a thief from getting their hands on your items.
Most Stolen Items
- Power tools
- Golfing Equipment
- Gardening Tools
While cash and jewelry being on the list is no surprise, other items are often left severely exposed as homeowners don’t think that burglars want these items. After all, how many of us protect our gardening tools under lock and key? You may start doing that now!
Tips to Keep Your Possessions Safe
- Tablets and phones often come with security features, so make sure they’re switched on.
- If your phone is stolen, call your network provider immediately and get the line and phone blocked.
- Take pictures of your bike and make a note of any numbers that it may have.
- Don’t leave your gadgets lying around on tables desks. Store these devices in a safe place and away from the windows.
- If you store your bikes, power tools, and golf clubs in the garage or outdoor shed, ensure that you lock these properties at night.
- Update your home inventory each time you purchase or donate an item.
If you are the victim of theft, you want to be sure that you can turn to your homeowners insurance to handle the expenses of recovering your property. Work with an insurer who has a smooth claims handling process while providing all-encompassing protection – Contact Humble & Davenport Insurance. Our experts serve Renton and the surrounding areas in Washington and are ready to get you covered today.